Wednesday, November 4, 2009

My Great-Grandparents' 50th Wedding Anniversary


In my post yesterday, I mentioned a great-great-grandmother who had emigrated from France in 1848, Catherine Decker. Her son John P. Mayer (whose father was Casper Mayer) is seen in this photo on the occasion of his 50th wedding anniversary circa 1932, along with my great-grandmother, Christina. I never knew these great-grandparents (Christina died two years before I was born, John about six years after this anniversary), but I have heard many stories about them. I'm trying to gather as many as I can from the old-timers who still remember them.
Transcript of Newspaper Article about My Great-Grandparents' 50th Wedding Anniversary
My Paternal Grandmother with Her Siblings & Parents, circa 1910

No comments:

Post a Comment