Sunday, September 30, 2007

Fat Quarters of Quilting Fabric

The San Diego Quilt Show happened over a month ago, but I had a whirlwind September with family visiting, so I'm just getting around to showing a bit of the stash I accumulated at the vendors' booths.

My sister and a friend joined me for our annual jaunt to ooh and aah over the quilts and to power-shop to build up our stashes--not that they need building up (just sayin'), but quilting fabrics are a form of ephemera, I think, and one has to scoop them up as they fly by! That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

About mid-afternoon, following a long-standing tradition, we leave the exhibit hall, retreat to the conveniently located Starbucks in the convention center, and compare yams--uh, fat quarters. This is one of our favorite rituals. Out come the treasures from our bags--patterns, tools, books, gadgets of all kinds.

We are spurred on by the beauty of the quorum of quilts we have just soaked up. All that creativity manifested has an hypnotic effect on us every year: must.make.quilts.

Winter's comin' on.


Fat Quarters and a Latte
Stash Fabrics Newly Acquired

2 comments:

  1. I love that one with the little square flowers! its adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Have to snap them up when they fly by"

    I like that. I think I'll use it if you don't mind. I called last winter my Amish winter... all I wanted to do is make bread and quilts. Sounds good for this winter too.

    Love your blog. A nice read. And your photography is great.

    ReplyDelete