Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Bowl o' Ragamuffin Mini-Skeins

I have been having lots of fun making handspun rag yarn over the last few months. I like the larger skeins, but I wanted to create and play with miniature Ragamuffin skeins, too. I spun up six of them last night and they are just too cute! Each one is about 10 yards/9 meters of handspun goodness for any primitive project you might have in mind. I'll be developing simple patterns to use with these yarns, but frankly, I like 'em just as skeins, like little vintage rag balls in this bowl.

The Germans have a phrase, "ein Ding in sich" (a thing unto itself), which I believe describes these little skeins. You are not required to do anything with them, simply enjoy!


Cotton Candy Floral Ragamuffin Mini-Skein
Cotton Candy Floral Ragamuffin Mini-Skein

2 comments:

  1. I love that top picture. :)
    They are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great idea, I've never seen "yarn skeins" made of fabric before. By the way, your shop is just lovely :)

    ReplyDelete