Friday, April 10, 2009

Gardening by Jessie Willcox Smith

I've been delving into my vintage images from the Green Tiger Press lately in preparation for listing some in my Etsy shop. Jessie Willcox Smith's illustrations have always evoked nostalgia for childhood for me. This one is no exception. I am no gardener, I have no green thumb, but my Mother does. I see her in this image.

She and my father created many beautiful gardens at their various residences over the years. I will share images of them throughout the spring months.

When my Mom was visiting in March, we went to a favorite bookstore and I bought her a lovely gardening book with painterly photos of flowers--her joy.

I may have to dust off my Western Garden Book to see if I can make magic in my flower beds this season....


Favorites from My Archive

1 comment:

  1. I love the picture "Gardening". So sweet and innocent. Images from a by-gone era for sure.

    ReplyDelete