Monday, August 11, 2008

Historic Old Greek Theater at Point Loma, San Diego, California (Through the Viewfinder--TtV)

This ethereal photo depicts the first Greek Theater built in America by Theosophists in the early 20th century. It is situated above the Pacific Ocean at Point Loma, San Diego, California.

This is my very first attempt at Through the Viewfinder (TtV) photography. I found a vintage Ricohflex Model VII camera at one of my favorite haunts; the image through its viewfinder of the Greek Theater was captured (without a contraption--I have to build one to help with light control) with my Pentax Optio M20 on a macro setting.

I'm already hooked and looking for additional old cameras to experiment with this technique.
Ricohflex Model VII Vintage Camera
The Greek Theater at Point Loma, San Diego, California
Greek Theater (through the viewfinder) [two]

No comments:

Post a Comment