Friday, August 22, 2008

Tall Ship "Gloria" through the Viewfinder

The "Festival of Sail" is happening in San Diego this week, and I went to one of my favorite vantage points on Wednesday morning and watched the tall ships sail into San Diego Bay.

For some of the photos, I used the "through the viewfinder" technique, viewing the ships through my vintage Ricohflex Model VII camera and snapping the photo with my digital camera. The photos look as though I were viewing the tall ships through an old spyglass like Captain Hook!

Pay close attention to the more detailed pictures of the "Gloria". There are sailors standing above the sails on the mast!

Tall Ship "Gloria" in San Diego
Tall Ships Sailing into San Diego Bay
Collage of Tall Ship "Gloria" through the Viewfinder

No comments:

Post a Comment