Thursday, July 10, 2008

Couple at an Amusement Park (Vernacular Photo)

I found this photo at one of my favorite antique haunts and happily added it to my growing collection of vernacular photos.

It reminds me of the "good old days" and stories that my mother and grandmother told me about visiting our local amusement park in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (Kennywood Park, which was recently sold to a Spanish company, but that's another story....).

I especially love that hat on the woman's knee; it is so emblematic of a warm summer afternoon with its wide brim and riot of silk flowers. It inspires me to embellish one of mine with wild abandon!

2 comments:

  1. I love that photo! It reminds me of one my Dad has of his grandparents..my Dad is 86..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this photograph. I collect old photos, the details are amazing, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete