Thursday, July 17, 2008

Parisian Souvenir


Parisian Souvenir, originally uploaded by confections.

Maybe it's the fact that Bastille Day (July 14th) just passed, or that I have discovered in the last year that I have some French (Mosellan) ancestry, but all things Parisian just keep popping up in my life these days.

I found this lovely Pillivuyt porcelain dish/ashtray in a thrift store a few weeks ago and it has a place of honor on my desk right now. I'm also reading the Memoirs of Madame Vigee Lebrun which is fascinating. You can read it online here. It's a great summer read and transports you to pre- and post-revolutionary France.

The Hotel George V is still operating as a Four Seasons in Paris. As an exchange student/traveler many years ago, I stayed on the Left Bank in the Rue Delambre at the Hotel des Bains. It wasn't the George V, but it had many charms.Parisian Souvenir CollageParisian Souvenir, Pillivuyt Porcelain Dish/Ashtray

No comments:

Post a Comment