Monday, July 21, 2008

Vintage Handpainted Porcelain Salt & Pepper Shakers

I have a passion for handpainted porcelain, and these signed thrift-store salt and pepper shakers are bona fide treasures to add to my collection. The gentleman who waited on my sister and me had known the painter, Debbie Shattuck, who passed away a few years ago. These are dated 1952.

Other items painted by her had been donated to the shop, but these were the last of the lot. My sister got a set, too, and we feel lucky to have found them.
Vintage Handpainted Porcelain Salt & Pepper Shakers (two)Collage of Vintage Handpainted Porcelain Salt & Pepper Shakers

2 comments:

  1. Those are beautiful, what a great find. I love anything old especially when you actually know some of the history.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply gorgeous! The photo's are great too.

    ReplyDelete