Monday, September 15, 2008

Collage of Linen Yo-Yos


Collage of Linen Yo-Yos, originally uploaded by confections.

I was inspired by the yo-yos in a vintage quilt at the recent San Diego Quilt Show, so I have been making a bunch of them lately with my Clover yo-yo making tools.

These jumbo-sized ones (3.5 inches in diameter) are made of scrumptious Belgian linen fabric hand-printed by Michelle Engel Bencsko of cicadastudio. She has a new line of lovely quilting fabrics that just came out, too. Lots to look forward to as fall heads our way.
Hand-printed Linen Yo-Yos
Summer Water Bubbles Linen Fabric Yo-Yo


Vintage Yo-Yo Quilt (two)
Vintage Yo-Yo Quilt

2 comments:

  1. I've never seen a vintage yo-yo quilt with a pattern like that... fantastic! Will you do a similar style with Michelle's fabric?

    Can't wait to see the finished piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking of using the yo-yos as embellishment on a handbag I'm making. Nothing as ambitious as a full-size quilt--yet. But you never know. Often my projects start out as one thing and morph into something else midstream! The joy and surprise of creativity....

    ReplyDelete