Saturday, September 27, 2008

My Maternal Grandmother


My Maternal Grandmother, originally uploaded by confections.

This photo of my maternal grandmother, Rose Lena [Vogel] Galbraith, is a still taken from a movie made by her stepson, Robert G. Galbraith, around 1938.

I never knew my maternal grandmother except through my Mother's stories about her. The loyal dog at her elbow is the family pet, an Airedale named Jack; my Mom says he was the smartest dog she ever knew.

I have traced her family line back to the Rhineland-Palatinate town of Thaleischweiler, Germany. Rose's parents and older siblings were born there, but she was born in Pennsylvania in 1888.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Confections!

    Normally I would send this via email but I've been having trouble finding your email address.

    I came across your beautiful rag rug photos on Flickr, and I'd love to use them on a rag rug site I am putting together.

    I would love it if you could email me at laura-jane@whimfield.com so that I could give you a bit more info.

    Thank you very much, and happy crafting!

    Best,
    Laura-Jane
    www.whimfield.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Laura-Jane,

    I'll be sending you a follow-up email later on tonight. Thanks for your interest.

    Confections

    ReplyDelete